PlayUp promotes literacy, language and learning
• The course* involves 20-30 students writing and ultimately performing short (7-10 minute) plays. They may write the plays individually or in groups.
• The course structure entails:
- introduction to writing for theatre;
- exercises in writing dialogue;
- character and scenes;
- detailed feedback;
- rehearsal and staging;
- performance of play.
• The program can be delivered over a minimum of five x 80 minute sessions and a maximum of twenty x 80 minute sessions. It may be delivered over a term or within a concentrated period.
* PlayUp is also available for adults of all ages.